How can ACAT help landowners?

If you have any questions about rock climbing on your property, we are here to help. Whether you are a farmer, iwi, or other landowner or stakeholder, please contact us directly if there is anything you wish to discuss.

We assess every climbing area on a case-by-case basis, and seek to establish positive, sustainable relationships with landowners and other groups that have an interest in climbing areas, such as iwi and other recreationalists or conservation groups.

We can communicate with the climbing community about your requirements and any concerns around access to your land. We work to minimize climber impacts on the land and local communities and make a positive contribution wherever possible.

Addressing liability

ACAT also has in-depth knowledge of how the law around health and safety and liability affects you. Please get in touch if you wish to discuss your specific situation.

What access models could be used?

There are many different access models that we can tailor to your needs. We also work with the New Zealand Alpine Club to provide appropriate signage for climbing areas on private land.